Notice is given on 2nd June 2022 the Parliamentary Registrar issued writs of election for an extraordinary municipal election to be held for the Corporation of St. George’s for the election of one Residents’ Councillor.
Notice is further given that:
- Nomination Day is 23 June 2022
- Polling Day is 7 July 2022
- The Election Room is the Town Hall, St. George’s
7 DAY REGISTRATION PERIOD
Registration of municipal residents for the purpose of voting in the above mentioned extraordinary municipal election is available until 9 June 2022 at 5 p.m.
Residents of the municipality of St. George’s can register using the normal registration procedures, either in the Parliamentary Registrar’s Office, or on this website.
BUSINESS RATEPAYER REGISTRATION
In order to participate in a Municipal Election, Business Ratepayers are required to be registered on the ratepayers register.
Business Ratepayer Registration Forms are available at the Parliamentary Registry on the 3rd Floor of the Craig Appin House. Business Ratepayer registration forms are not available online. Completed application forms must be returned to the Parliamentary Registry along with all required documentation. We encourage all Business Ratepayers to register as soon as possible.
Eligibility for Registration as a Business Ratepayer
A Business Ratepayer is eligible to register for a municipal election if:
- he/she is a Sole Proprietor, Company Association, Partnership or Commercial Property owner within the Municipality
- he/she is eligible to be charged rates within the respective Municipal Area
- he/she is registered on the Parliamentary Register in another constituency outside of the Municipal Area for which he is eligible to be charged rates
- the Company/Business is not a subsidiary of other Business Ratepayers, Exempted Companies and Exempted Partnerships
Voting as a Business Ratepayer
Each Business Ratepayer is entitled to one vote only. If a Business Ratepayer is also a resident of the Municipality, they must vote as a resident and nominate someone to cast their vote as a Business Ratepayer.
Those who are already listed on the Business Ratepayers Register do not need to re-register unless changes need to be made to their existing details. Please check the Business Ratepayers Register to ensure your details are correct.
Municipal Boundary Maps:
View (in new tab) the Map of St.George’s
View (in new tab) the Map of Hamilton